AN UPDATED MESSAGE FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS REGARDING COVID-19

Dear Kinhaven Community:

After what seemed like a very long April, we wish all of you a happy May 1st! We hope you and your families are well.

As our Kinhaven team follows the ever-changing COVID-19 situation, we continue to plan to hold Senior and Junior Sessions as scheduled.  

As you can imagine, the timing of our decision weighs heavily on our minds, and we are monitoring guidance from the CDC and the VT Dept of Public Health, the easing of mandates by states, and the availability and efficacy of testing. We are also continuing to develop strategies and procedures for keeping students and staff healthy once they are on campus. We will continue to stay in close touch with the American Camp Association and state and federal authorities, and will follow their guidance to maintain a safe campus.

There is still a possibility that we may cancel Kinhaven’s summer programs, whether to comply with government requirements and travel restrictions or because we feel we cannot provide an experience that is safe for your child, our staff, and the community. That is why we wish to postpone the final decision until as close to June 1st as possible. Much can change in a few weeks, so it is to our advantage to wait.

To that end, we have extended our tuition deadline until June 1st for Senior Session, while the deadline for Junior Session remains July 1st. Registration details for both sessions will be announced after our Board of Trustees meets on May 8th. We will, of course, fully reimburse tuition and fees if we decide we must close.

We remain optimistic that we will see you all this summer.  If you have any questions, please contact our Admissions Office at admin@kinhaven.org or at 973-378-5854.  

Warmly,

Tony Mazzocchi and Deborah Buck

Co-Executive Directors

Kinhaven Music School

Comments are closed.