An Update about Junior and Senior Sessions from our Co-Executive Directors, May 9, 2020

Dear Kinhaven Community:

We hope you and your families are well. We want to thank everyone who has joined our Kinhaven viewing parties and who contributed to our “virtual choir” project over the past few weeks. Your response have been heartwarming beyond measure!

As our Kinhaven team follows the evolving COVID-19 situation, we continue to plan to hold Senior and Junior sessions as scheduled. Yesterday, the Vermont governor announced that summer camps could open as long as they comply with protocols developed by the CDC, the VT Dept of Public Health, and the American Camp Association. To that end, we have organized a task force of staff, trustees, and medical professionals to review the guidance and determine whether and how Kinhaven can comply. We anticipate that we will have a final determination by June 1.

Our tuition deadline remains June 1 for Senior Session, while the deadline for Junior Session remains July 1. Registration details for both sessions will be announced as soon as we determine whether sessions can run. We will, of course, reimburse tuition and fees if we decide we must close.

We remain optimistic that we will see you all this summer. If you have questions, please contact our Admissions Office at


Tony Mazzocchi and Deborah Buck
Co-Executive Directors

Comments are closed.